Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First update of 2010

It's been weeks since I've been able to take a few minutes to write. Things at the Kennel have been crazy for the holidays! No complaints, just explaining why I haven't written. Let's see, what has been happening?
We were just about maxed out for several weeks surrounding the holidays. Some new dogs and some repeat clients - yea! We still have a couple dogs and will continue to have a few through the next few weeks. I'm sure this is normal for boarding kennels and I'm sure most operators worry as much as I do.
On the more personal side of things... Paige is doing well in her forever home. Her new family seem to love her very much. And, as opposed to my house, Paige is obviously allowed on the furniture, which she takes advantage of! Her new friend is a black and white cat (Paige is black and white) and they seem to love to snuggle. She is also buddies with a cow named Moo-moo. One of the other dogs in the house seems to ignore her and the other is fine being her friend. It's wonderful and bittersweet to read all the great reports Chris (her new #1 person) sends. I love hearing how great Paige is doing, but I do miss her.
However... we are getting a little English Shepherd puppy later this month. Julie (who will likely get a new name) is from Louisiana and will come to Florida on the 30th. Can't wait!
School is back in session and my #3 was actually glad to return! What a change since switching schools!! My #2 will be home this semester finishing his last 3 credit hours to graduate in May with his class. He's already applying to grad schools so I suppose this will be the last major period of time he'll live at home :-(
The weather in Florida has been brutal and I just want to know who I can complain to!! I'm willing to put up with humid summers, daily afternoon rains, snakes, and even gators. But the pay off was supposed to be comfortable winters! Hello?!
Wishing all of you the best year ever!!

No comments: